Thursday, June 21, 2007

First Blog Post

Somehow you've straggled across my blog. I don't know how; I haven't linked to it anywhere. But anyways, I'll post here anything I think is interesting or useful to others. Most entries will probably be about or relating to Linux. I'm a big fan of open source software and am willing to help anybody make the transition to it if they so desire.

Now a little about myself:
I am a software engineer for a government contractor here in Northern Virginia. I have experience with various languages including, but not limited to Java, C/C++, Perl, Python and Bash. I also have experience with Information/Network Security, various protocols and server applications. My knowledge is nowhere near perfect (nobody's is) but I am willing to help you out with what I can. Most of this knowledge is centered around Linux environments but not entirely. I am a proficient Windows user.

I graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science with a minor in Mathematics and I am currently working towards a Masters Degree in Information Security. I enjoy golfing, fishing and watching all kinds of sports but most of all, I like to spend time with good people.

I guess that's about it for now. If I think of anything to talk about, I will post it here and you can feel free to use whatever advice you can take from this pathetic little blog.

No comments: